2023 Plant List
Sunday, May 7 – Come shop at Ampersand from 4 to 7 (or by appointment)
Thursday, May 11 – Santa Fe Delivery – 6:30pm- order instructions below
For the Santa Fe Delivery – Email your order (from the list below) to email@example.com and I will communicate with you to confirm. Meet me at Santa Fe Place Mall to pick up your order on the date we agree upon. Bring cash or check!
Saturday, May 13– at Moonbow Herbs and Gifts in Madrid from 10am to 3pm
Always changing as they come of age and get sold out!
$3 Frost Tolerant Veg, herbs and flowers in 2′ pots
- Rainbow Chard
- Magdalena Acelgas – short stemmed chard variety
- Kale – Red Russian and other varieties
- Moss Curled Parsley
- Flat Italian Parsley
- Clary Sage
- Nettles-Ampersand favorite!
- Red Sorrel
- Ishikura bunching onion cluster
- Catgrass- young sprouting oat grass clusters in 4″ pots- cats and dogs love to chew on em
$3 Summer Veggies, Herbs and Flowers
- Summer Squash- Emerald Delight, Golden- Ampersand favorite!
- Mexican Sunflower- Red Torch
- Red sorgum clusters
- Callaloo aka Chinese Multicolored Spinach- Ampersand favorite!
- Green Callaloo
- Hopi Tobacco
- Cupid Marigold
- New Mexico Amaranth- These beautiful pink and white inflorescences yield edible golden seeds. Young leaves are edible also, as with all amaranth. From a dooryard garden near Rinconada, NM
- Pygmy Torch Amaranth-This compact heirloom variety is perfect for drying and crafting
- Hollyhock- Creme do Cassis
- Basil- Genovese, Purple Opal, Tulsi, Lettuce Leaf
$4 larger pots
- Golden Beet clusters- Ampersand favorite!
- Ruby Queen beets clusters
- Armenian Cucumbers- Ampersand favorite!
- Tatume Squash- Madrid Community Gardeners Favorite!
- Acoma Pumpkin
- Spagetti Squash- seeds saved from very resilient squash that volunteered in our new greenhouse and didn’t get watered for a couple months! We call this Magic Squash- Ampersand favorite!
- Zappalito de Tronco- aka Avocado Squash!
- Melons- Ha Ogen, Santo Domingo Casaba, Esperanza de Oro, Rajasthan Honey Melon
Cannabis plants available only on site at Ampersand
Small sized fruits
- Chocolate Pear- light red in color, overlaid with swirls of varying hues of green or brown. Small pear shaped flavorful heirloom.
- Punta Banda- sweet-tart, thick skinned. Early maturity and drought tolerant.
- Blue Berry- blue cherries, turning deep red where shaded. Yield all season.
Medium Sized Fruits
- San Marzano – famous heirloom paste tomato, necessary for some recipies.
- Black Vernissage – crack resistant, juicy with smokey tart flavor, tolerates temp extremes(large cherry type).
- Sunrise Bumblebee – sweet and tangy with swirls of red and orange- just bigger than cherry.
- Flamenco – 2″ fruits, acid sweet flavor, produces in heat when others stop. Ampersand favorite!
- Prairie Fire – insanely sweet! Scarlet, elongated fruit shimmers on the vine with its gold-flecked skin.
Large Sized Fruits
- Classic Beefsteak – meaty and firm. Can get Very Large.
- Cherokee Purple – largish heirloom with Brandywine flavor.
- Brandywine – known to be the best tasting tomato.
- Bread and Salt – dense and meaty for slicing and sauces. Russian Heirloom.