2021 Plant List
May 8 Shop at Ampersand! 11am to 6pm
May 13 Santa Fe Delivery – 7pm
May 15 at Moonbow Herbs and Gifts in Madrid from 11am to 3pm
Hopi Red Dye Amaranth
Tomatillo de Milpa (purple)
New Zealand Spinach
Red Stemmed Dandelion
- Early Jalapeno
- Golden Jalapeno
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Moss Curled Parsley
Rancho Marquez Winter Squash- from Sonora, Mexico. Good keeper with good flavor. Flowers, seeds and growing tips can be eaten. Harvest as summer or winter squash
Navajo Cushaw Winter Squash- Large green and white striped cushaw. Fruit are round with long curved neck (or “tail”). Flesh is cream to light orange colored. A good keeper.
Patisson-Panache Scallop Squash– French heirloom, delicious as summer squash or baked in the fall.
Ha Ogen Melon- good yields of flavorful green flesh 3 to 4 lb fruit. Don’t overwater.
Mahdu Ras Melon- Small honey melon from hot dry Western India
Small sized fruits:
- Mexico Midget– small super sweet candy like fruit to forage in the garden. Volunteer readily.
- Punta Banda- from Baja Mexico. Small meaty thick skinned fruits produce in heat and poor soil.
- Chocolate Pear- light red in color, overlaid with swirls of varying hues of green or brown. Small pear shaped flavorful heirloom
- Yellow Pear- pear shaped cherry, reliable producer. Thick skin.
- Blue Berry- blue cherries, turning deep red where shaded. Yield all season
Medium Sized Fruits:
- Ropreco Paste- productive roma style. Early to mature. Heirloom great for drying, sauces, and canning.
- Raspberry Liana- heavy producer medium sized pink fruit. firm flesh, sweet and rich flavor
- Sunrise Bumblebee- sweet and tangy with swirls of red and orange- just bigger than cherry
- Flamenco- 2″ fruits, acid sweet flavor, produces in heat when others stop. Ampersand favorite!
- Nineveh- medium sized very acidic Iraqi tomato good for cooking
Large Sized Fruits:
- Marvel Striped- large stunning bi colored heirloom, smooth and sweet flavor, sprawling vines.
- Brandywine- large beefsteak Heirloom popular for it’s superb flavor.
- Cherokee Purple- large heirloom with Brandywine flavor.