Work Trade Positions
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for available slots.
Here’s what we can offer:
- Get experience with hand crafted DIY sustainable water and solar systems and passive solar buildings made of earthen and salvaged materials. Learn about building by doing it. We will teach you how to cook with the sun.
- We provide shared housing in a yurt, tipi, or strawbale cottage. Our solar powered community outdoor kitchen is equipped with solar ovens, a propane stove and fridge, and a system for re-using greywater.
- We ask for only part time work. 20 hours of work per week gives you time to explore our beautiful land, peruse our extensive library, hang out in the funky village of Madrid (in walking distance), or visit different parts of New Mexico.
- We have been teaching the essential aspects of sustainable living in this climate for over a decade and we incorporate learning opportunities into life at Ampersand based on the interests of volunteers.
- Bulk food items like oats, beans, rice, lentils, and olive oil are provided.
Here’s what we ask: